18 February 2008

Punk Rock Muffins

These are based on a recipe from Dan and Claire. "Based" is maybe the wrong word though.

Ingredients

1 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. white flour
1 T. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
(okay, I used that stuff you buy in a carton which is only egg whites, so it wound up being slightly less than 2 eggs' worth. Make of that what you will.)
1 c. fat free yoghurt
2/3 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. melted margarine
1 T. buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
1 c. frozen raspberries,
chopped
1/4 c. chocolate chips

Methodology

0. Preheat the oven to 400* F.

1. Mix dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt) in a bowl.

2. Mix the eggs, yoghurt, buttermilk, sugar, butter, and vanilla in another bowl.

3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Do not over-mix. Stir in berries and chips.

4. Put in muffin tins, put tins in oven. Bake approximately 17 minutes, or until a toothpick/knife/whatever is clean. Makes about 18 muffins.

Notes

*I have this really bad short attention span and I think following recipes is kind of boring. Someday this is going to get me into trouble. Today was not that day.

*I call these punk rock muffins because 1) you could pretty much put whatever you want in them and 2) with the chopped up raspberries, they look a little like they're bleeding.

*I theorize these have about 150 calories/muffin, but I could be wrong. I put in the wrong number for how many calories in chocolate chips when I did the math. So approximate. But it's okay.

*They are quite delicious. 2/7 on the disaster scale, only because I was a bit worried about the eggs.

No comments: