10 February 2008

Peanut Sauce

This is almost too easy.

Ingredients

2 T. peanut butter
(I used chunky reduced fat Skippy, because that is what I have around. I buy it for nostalgia I guess. You could use real, grown up peanut butter and it would be fine. You do not need to use nostalgia peanut butter.)
about 1.5 T vegetarian stir fry sauce (non-oyster oyster sauce)
about 1.5 T soy sauce (I use Pearl River dark soy sauce, it coats the bottle and almost eats through it.)
3/4 to 1 c. hot water
1 heaping tsp. brown sugar
hot sauce, to taste

Methodology

1. Put peanut butter, stir fry sauce, and soy sauce in a bowl. Add about half the water and mix until it dissolves. Add the rest of the water. Add the sugar and hot sauce. Adjust soy and stir fry sauce to taste. Put over veggies.

Notes

*1/7 on the disaster scale. I am fantastic.

No comments: